Miss Harper Lee, the Golden Girl who has wonderful adventures in Louisiana! I promise I do have pictures of Vance Orion selecting the winner, but apparently the USB cable for my camera has bitten the dust. Please let me know your preference for a Target or Amazon gift card and where to send it. I’m so excited for you, coming right on the heels of your birthday! Congratulations!
I know you’ve just been holding your breath to learn the answers to the questions in Let’s Get Quizzical, so here they are!
1. There were 2 dogs in the Archie comics/television cartoons. Can you name both? Hot Dog and Chili Dog
2. The family dog appeared in only one episode of the Brady Bunch, do you know his name? Tiger – Jan was allergic to his shampoo
3. The Partridge Family also had a dog that appeared in a few episodes, what was her name? Simone
4. What was the name of the American Bull Terrier (Pit Bull) in the Little Rascals Our Gang series? Petey
5. Alexander the Great had a favorite dog who went to war with him, what was his name? Ducky discussed this at length on an episode of NCIS. Peritas, breed unknown; although, Ducky refers to him as a mastiff in the NCIS episode Terminal Leave.
6. LuAnn Degroot, the main character in the LuAnn comic strip, has a dog and a cat. What are their names? Puddles and Cuddles
7. What was the name of the horse belonging to early western movie star Tom Mix? Bonus points if you can name the county and state where Tom Mix was born. Tony was the horse, and Tom Mix was born in Cameron County, PA where my parents and many dear friends are from.
8. What is the name of the cat in Sabrina the Teenage Witch? Salem
9. Who is the family pet of The Jetsons? Astro
“How’s it going Mr. Peterson?”
“It’s a dog eat dog world, Woody, and I’m wearing milk bone underwear.”
– Norm from Cheers