I had the fence in the backyard taken down on Friday. It had become an eyesore and wasn’t very secure, but with it gone, it brings home the fact that it will be awhile before another dog lives here. It makes me sad, but I still want “my” dogs and it will take awhile before I’m ready to let another dog become “my” dog. That day will come soon enough and I will put up another fence to keep that dog safely off the street.
I thought I’d create a little quiz to test your knowledge of mostly fictional dogs, a cat or two and a horse that really did exist. I have no way of preventing anyone from Googling the answers, so there will be no prize for whoever gets the most correct. Everyone who does comment with their answers will be entered into a drawing for a $25 gift card to Target or Amazon, winner’s choice, even if you commented last week and received an entry into the drawing, you will receive another if you comment on this blog. Try and do this without looking up the answers, I think you’ll have fun!
1. There were 2 dogs in the Archie comics/television cartoons. Can you name both?
2. The family dog appeared in only one episode of the Brady Bunch, do you know his name?
3. The Partridge Family also had a dog that appeared in a few episodes, what was her name?
4. What was the name of the American Bull Terrier (Pit Bull) in the Little Rascals Our Gang series?
5. Alexander the Great had a favorite dog who went to war with him, what was his name? Ducky discussed this at length on an episode of NCIS.
6. LuAnn Degroot, the main character in the LuAnn comic strip, has a dog and a cat. What are their names?
7. What was the name of the horse belonging to early western movie star Tom Mix? Bonus points if you can name the county and state where Tom Mix was born.
8. What is the name of the cat in Sabrina the Teenage Witch?
9. Who is the family pet of The Jetsons?
Go ahead and start now, get your comments in. I’ve decided whoever comments on the blogs posted between New Discovery that I posted 2/24/2013 up until the drawing will have their names entered into the chance to win the $25 gift card each week they comment. So you can have up to 4 chances to win! Winner will be announced on 3/24/2013.
“Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog.” ~ Gene Hill