Our friends at HillbillyZen have nominated Shoeful of Drool for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is more of a networking opportunity for bloggers to give a shout out to blogs they like and give us a glimpse into their life. The prize is maybe someone who hasn’t seen your blog will see it and love it and tell all their friends. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that I wasn’t going to receive a Leg Lamp.
The rules are fairly simple, but time consuming, so everyone who is nominated might not be able to follow through and that is perfectly fine. Keep reading their blog because you love it!
Liebster Blog Award Rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Here are 11 things about me:
- The Beatles have been my favorite band all my life.
- I live in the suburbs of Raleigh, NC. I love the ‘burbs and North Carolina!
- About 5 years ago, I finally quit smoking after 30+ years.
- I completed my B.S. in Emergency and Disaster Management last May. It took 7 years and I worked full time while going to school. Plus, I had to start from scratch, like a kid fresh out of high school.
- I started my blog on the day I graduated from college, mainly to give myself another excuse not to dust.
- I’d rather clean the bathtub than dust (see above).
- I am baffled by the line, “I know what I am, I’m glad I’m a man and so is Lola.” Is Lola also glad the singer is a man or is Lola also a man? I really wish Ray Davies would clarify this for me.
- I love sophomoric humor. I also think George Carlin was a genius, a wordsmith whose likes we’ll never see again in our lifetime.
- Speaking of geniuses (geniusi?), Theodor Geisel aka Dr. Seuss . . . . Every child should have a complete set of his works. I think it is key to becoming a stable adult. Obviously, I don’t own the full oeuvre.
- I don’t think it’s just a coincidence that “God” is “dog” spelled backwards.
- I love peanut butter.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions HillbillyZen asked me:
1.) When did you discover your talent? – I knew when I was in about 3rd grade that I wanted to write and I always had an easy time with writing assignments in school.
2.) Who gave you the most encouragement to develop your talent? –My 4th grade teacher, Twila Lyon Grimm.
3.) Have you thanked the person from question #2? – Yes, I wrote her a letter a few years ago around Christmas and she replied back. I just charged right on assuming she’d remember a snaggle-toothed kid from the 1970-71 school year (it helped her cousin was in my class). She at least pretended she remembered me when she wrote back. I also wrote about her for my college entrance essay back in 2007 when I transferred to Western Carolina University.
4.) Do you work better on sunny days or rainy ones? Sunny days inspire me to work faster so I can get out and enjoy it. Then again, rainy days can also inspire me because I can’t go outside and a nap is usually in my future.
5.) What’s your favorite beverage to drink while working? Red wine if it’s in the evening (an inexpensive cabernet). Coffee or water in the morning and at my job.
6.) Favorite comic strip? Red and Rover. It’s for kids, but I almost canceled my newspaper subscription when they quit printing the Sunday version. It’s back now. I also like Baby Blues, Luann, Zits, Rhymes with Orange, Doonesbury and Pickles.
7.) Do you prefer to be on dry land or on/in the water? Dry land near the water or in a boat in view of dry land. I’ve never been out of sight of land in a boat, but I love being at the beach, river or lake. I’ve flown all my life, but have never been on a cruise.
8.) Do you speak more than one language? (Yes, Klingon counts!) Basic Espanol and Deutsch. I oday a eanmay igpay atinlay!
9.) If you could re-live one day in your life, which one would you choose? My first date with a certain man about 30 years ago.
10.) What’s your favorite quote? “Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.” Auntie Mame
11.) If you were offered the ability to fly, but only by becoming a buzzard, would you do it? Hell, no! Their dining experience sucks, cars buzzing by, it’s noisy and the elements intrude; plus they eat carrion. Decaying flesh is not my cup of tea. I’m sure there are buzzards out there who have very fulfilling lives, but I would be the buzzard who wished she had never been born. Besides, my superpower when I dream is the ability to breathe under water.
My nominees for the Liebster Award (I surely wish ZoZo were here to hand out the prizes, she was such a little hambone! Dudley would have scoffed):
- Kel’s Cafe All Things Food
- Pet Sitting in Paradise
- Dog Park Publishing
- All My Canine Companions
- Raising 5 Kids with Disabilities and Remaining Sane
- The K9 Harper Lee
- The Crafty Sisters
- Being Bailey
- Tales of Life with Cats and Dogs
- Fluffy Tufts
And these are my questions for my nominees to answer:
- Would you rather be beautiful or smart?
- Where is your favorite place to be besides home?
- Briefly, what is your biggest pet peeve with humanity?
- What was your favorite game show as a kid?
- What do you think is the most significant invention during your lifetime?
- What musical instrument(s) do you play, if any?
- What is your favorite book?
- Morning person or night owl?
- What do you think your perfect job would be?
- Who is your favorite First Lady?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?
So there you go Liebster Blog Award Nominees. I look forward to reading your responses and seeing the blogs you enjoy. Have a wonderful week!
Dogs are miracles with paws. ~Attributed to Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy