Besides providing friendship and companionship, dogs delight and give us humans a reason to laugh. Some other great things dogs do for humans:
- Assist people with special needs
- Search and rescue
- Ability to detect narcotics
- Some dogs have the ability to detect certain cancers, seizures or allergy attacks
- Sound the alarm when someone approaches
- Keep depression at bay
- Serve and assist our human military personnel
In the coming year, try to find room in your family for a four-legged member that you rescue from a pound or rescue organization.
Shoeful of Drool wishes everyone a happy and safe Christmas and a healthy, prosperous New Year!
My own dog…gone commercial. I can’t stand it. -Charlie Brown